Enphase M215 Microinverter
Product Code: M215-60-230-S22-E
- High performance: Significant energy harvest gains and higher system availability with no single point of failure. Best-in-class 95.7% EU efficiency
- Reliable: Industry-leading manufacturing and quality standards create a ruggedised product for all environments
- Safe: No high-voltage DC in the system means peace of mind and cost reductions
- Simple: Reduced design and install costs with superior flexibility for all projects
- Intelligent: Precision insights enable faster, easier system and fleet management
Enphase Microinverter Family: Similarities and Differences
What’s changed What’s the same Enphase is pleased to offer new M215 and M250 Microinverters using our fourth-generation platform to complete a microinverter product family that features high efficiency, easy installation, and industry-leading reliability for pairing with any 60-cell module on the market.
The new family of products feature:
• Higher EU efficiency: 95.7% • Higher power: Product family now includes new model with 250W peak output power optimised for pairing with more powerful modules. • New look: Flat lid • Product quality: rigorous design, manufacturing, and test standards deliver industry-leading reliability and extremely low failure rates • Fast, simple installation: plug-and play Engage Cable system enables rapid, flexible installs.
The same accessories work for both the M215 and M250 • Durability: rugged, IP67 rated enclosure
M215 vs. M250:
Module Pairing Considerations There are instances where either the M250 or the M215 is an appropriate choice for pairing with a given module. For higher power 60-cell modules, the M250 is the logical choice. For lower rated modules, select the M215. However, for modules with STC output ratings between 250W and 270W, there are several factors to weigh up when deciding which microinverter to select for the installation.
Factors to consider when pairing with 250W – 270W modules
Local conditions: Differences in temperature and irradiation impact module maximum power output. High light levels in cooler climates along the coast or at higher altitudes result in higher module output and drive selection of the M250 to take advantage of these gains. Site specifics: Arrays with less than optimal tilt and azimuths may not be able to utilise the full capacity of M250 making these systems a better pairing for M215.
Module quality and performance: Not all modules are created equal. Even modules from different brands with the same nameplate rating can often vary widely in peak DC output, given variance in manufacturing and quality assurance testing standards. Modules of lower quality may not benefit from the higher output of the M250. Project and portfolio economics: Dependent on the module brand and the install location, the M215 may reach saturation when paired with a module with an output rating above 250W and the M250 should be considered. A project’s financial performance determines optimal sizing, projects with lower price per kWh or higher fixed costs may be better supported with the M215.