ABB String Inverter 8.5 kW
Product Code: TRIO-8.5-TL-OUTD
Commercial grade engineering at residential scale
The topology of the larger, commercial TRIO inverters has been redesigned to ensure that the TRIO-5.8/7.5/8.5 models also enjoy high conversion efficiency across a wide range of input voltages. Optional integrated dataloggers and smart grid functionality, remote firmware updating and elegantly simple sliding front covers make these all-in-one devices easy to install and maintain. In short, they are commercial grade engineering at residential scale.
Inverters packed with powerful features
The double maximum power point tracker (MPPT) gives maximum installation flexibility for an optimal energy production (TRIO-7.5/8.5 models). This line of inverters can integrate power control, monitoring functionalities and environmental sensor inputs, without requiring external components.
A compact Ethernet expansion card provides data logging functionality for monitoring the main parameters of the plant as well as advanced O&M operations both locally (with the integrated webserver) and remotely (with the AV Plant Portfolio Manager portal), via a LAN connection.
The outer cover with its natural cooling mechanism qualifies at IP65 environmental protection level for external use. It provides maximum reliability and ease of installation, with a sliding front panel giving access to the connection and configuration area without requiring the complete removal of the cover.
- Three-phase bridge topology for DC/ AC output converter
- Transformerless topology
- Two independent MPPT channels for TRIO-7.5/8.5 allow optimal energy harvesting from two subarrays oriented in different directions (one MPPT channel for TRIO-5.8)
- Flat efficiency curves ensure high efficiency at all output levels enabling consistent and stable performance across the entire input voltage and output power range
- Wide input voltage range
- Remote inverter upgrade
- Reactive power management
- DC switch version available (-S)
- Natural convection cooling for maximum reliability
- Outdoor enclosure for unrestricted use under any environmental conditions (IP65)
- Sliding cover for the easiest installation and maintenance Data logger and smart grid functionalities integrated on expansion cards:
- PMU expansion card option, with external sensor inputs for monitoring environmental conditions and additional RS-485 for Modbus protocol
- Ethernet expansion card option with integrated web server and remote monitoring capability via web portal (Modbus/TCP supported)
- Availability of auxiliary DC output voltage (24 V, 100 mA)
Dimensions 641 x 429 x 220 mm (855 x 429 x 237 mm with open front cover)
Weight 28 kg